Common Application FAQ
Send an email to [email protected] requesting a password reset email that includes your full name, and the email that you used on the Common Application. When we resend this password link, you will have 24 hours to create a new password before the link expires. If your link expires, please contact [email protected].
Graduating high school seniors are the only student population who should complete the Common Application. International applicants, Ecampus applicants, Degree Partnership applicants and any student who is not a graduating high school senior should complete the OSU application from our website for First Year Application for Admission, Transfer Application for Admission, and Post-Baccalaureate applications.
OSU Applications: https://discover.oregonstate.edu/apply/
1. Create an account through Common App
2. Select Oregon State University using the college search tab.
3. Fill out the Common Application section and the “my college” section to complete your application.
4. Submit the Common Application.
5. Request all required documents be sent to Oregon State University such as an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores if you have choosen to have your scores considered as part of your application materials
6. You will receive two correspondence emails, one will include your assigned login ID and instructions on resetting your password.
No. Both the Common Application and the OSU Application for Admission are assessed on the same scale.
No. OSU does not require letters of recommendation except when a student is appealing a denial. Letters of recommendation provided may be reviewed in our holistic review process. You are required by Common App to fill out your counselor's information so the application can be submitted. However, not providing this information will not hold up your admission decision or application.