Endless opportunities on
the west coast
The West Coast's Most Valuable Degree
A comprehensive, research-intensive university, OSU is one of only three universities in the US with Land, Sea, Space and Sun-Grant designations. Our students become well prepared for life after graduation with degrees for life. And success. Our graduates place within companies like Amazon, Tesla, Intel, Nike, Apple and more. The recipe for success? Career Outcomes, Research and Innovation and West Coast Location.
The hidden gem of the West Coast
- 66% of our graduates on OPT are employed on the West Coast
- One of the top universities in fighting climate change
- OSU has strong connections with some of the most brilliant and successful companies, which were mostly born on the West Coast
- Free public transportation and no sales tax in Oregon
- Small town, big impact
- Located in a safe, welcoming and college town community
Your success is our success:
- In 2022 we had 450+ students on OPT/CPT
- Our graduates earn $20,000 more per year, above the average salary for graduates from other higher ed institutions - US Department of Education College Scorecard 2022
- Internship programs like MECOP that cater to top companies in industry, giving students an edge when looking for a job after graduation.
- Professional clubs like: App Development Club, Investment Club, Robotics Club, Information Tech club, and many more that can be found here
Taking on the world's biggest problems is in our DNA
- Nearly half a billion dollars in research funding every year
- Our campus has some of the best facilities you can find at a university
- Numerous clubs that win national and international competitions
- Project-based MEng degrees where students work on real problems for companies
- OSU Advantage Accelerator - was created in 2013 to help develop high-growth, innovative products and services by taking companies through all phases of the startup process.
- Largest computer science program in the US
- #59 Most Innovative School in the US - USNWR 2023