The Advanced Tuition Deposit (ATD) is a $200 deposit payment signifying a student’s commitment to Oregon State University. The ATD is a deposit, not a fee, which allows Oregon State to plan for our upcoming class. This deposit will be credited toward the student’s first term of enrollment.
In order to move forward with the matriculation process, which includes registering for START orientation and choosing housing options, the ATD payment is required. When you arrive on campus prior to the start of classes, your $200 ATD is applied to your tuition or any account balance you may have. The enrollment deposit allows the University to more effectively plan for class offerings and student resources in preparation for the next term.
Ecampus students participate in online orientation and do not attend START, but still must pay the ATD before they can register for classes.
The following students are required to pay:
Service members and Veterans
Oregon State recognizes the members of the U.S. Armed Forces, veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, and ROTC scholarship recipients, by exempting them from paying the ATD. In order to be eligible for the ATD exemption, current military members serving on active duty need to submit a copy their most recent military orders, Enlisted Records Brief (ERB), Officer Records Brief (ORB), or scholarship paperwork. Veterans need to submit a copy of their DD-214. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 541-737-2482, or mail them to:
Office of Admissions
104 Kerr Administration Bldg.
Corvallis, OR 97331
OSU offers ATD exemptions to qualified low-income applicants based on FAFSA results. Students who qualify for these exemptions will be notified of how to confirm their enrollment without paying the ATD. You may also be eligible if any of the following describe you:
For Fall Term 2019, your ATD becomes non-refundable on May 2, 2019. For Winter, Spring and Summer Terms, the ATD is refundable until three weeks before the start of the term.
1. Go to myosu.oregonstate.edu and login with ONID credentials:
2. From the Welcome screen, click the Banner Self-Service folder in the Online Services box on the bottom left of the screen. Click the Admissions folder, then select the Advance Tuition Deposit Link:
3. To submit your ATD payment online using an eCheck, click the link in step 1 of the online payment instructions. This will bring you to the online signature page.
4. To confirm your intent to attend Oregon State University, type your name in the signature box and click submit.
5. Submitting your signature will bring you back to the instructions screen. Click the mybill Page button to complete the payment steps.
6. From the main MyBill Student Account summary, select the Deposits tab:
7. Choose Current/ATD term from the select a term drop down menu and click select:
8. Choose Advance Tuition Deposit from the select a deposit drop down menu and click select:
9. A summary will appear. Click continue:
10. Select Electronic Check (checking/savings) from the payment method drop down and click select (credit/debit cards are not accepted for ATD payments):
11. Enter the account type, routing number, bank account number, confirm the bank account number, and the name on the account:
12. You may choose to save this account information for future use by checking the save payment method box and entering an account name. This is not required. Click continue:
13. Confirm that the account information is correct. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions. Click submit:
Print or save the receipt for your records. You will also receive an email from email@example.com confirming submission of your Advance Tuition Deposit payment.
You've paid for your ATD, now what? Click on this button below in order to go through the next steps of being part of the Beaver Nation.